Patrick M. Brenner is the founder and president of the Southwest Public Policy Institute, a research institute dedicated to improving the quality of life in the American Southwest by formulating, promoting, and defending sound public policy solutions.
Before launching SPPI, Patrick worked in public relations and marketing, then took charge of the donor engagement and government transparency litigation programs at the Rio Grande Foundation as the Vice President of Development. Patrick’s experience, advocacy for transparency, and desperate longing for accountable government have primed him for leading the American Southwest’s state-of-the-art think tank, where he empowers liberty through a data- and technology-fueled grassroots movement.
Patrick is the author of numerous policy studies. He has appeared in newspapers and on radio and television throughout the nation, including MSN, Fox News, The Washington Times, National Review, Yahoo, The Daily Caller, Newsmax, Albuquerque Journal, Deseret News, The Daily Signal, The Federalist, American Banker, Las Cruces Sun-News, The Center Square, Santa Fe New Mexican, Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, RealClear Policy, RealClear Markets, The Deming Headlight, and more.
Patrick helps instill American principles in his generation through his activism. Patrick lives in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with his three children, Charlotte, Marie, and David. He is a pilot, avid cyclist, amateur historian, ballroom dancer, and former aquarist. The family enjoys frequent trips to historic sites across the American Southwest.
855-411-7774 ext 5001
The Latest from Patrick
- Albuquerque Journal: New Mexico Parents Want Gender Ideology Out of School CurriculumCo-authored by Judy Pino and Patrick M. Brenner. Originally published at abqjournal.com on February 18, 2024. Radical gender ideology is running rampant through New Mexico’s public schools. State-funded after-school clubs that encourage children to explore LGBTQ+ identities without their parents’ knowledge are appearing in school districts more frequently. Children are being harmed by the dogged pursuit… Read more: Albuquerque Journal: New Mexico Parents Want Gender Ideology Out of School Curriculum
- Report: 58 is the New 62Rethinking American Retirement and Social Security
- Breitbart Covers SPPI and IWF Survey ProjectIn an exciting development for advocates of parental rights and educational transparency, the Southwest Public Policy Institute (SPPI) and the Independent Women’s Forum (IWF) have made national headlines with our recent survey project. Breitbart News, a leading source for conservative news and opinion, has featured our groundbreaking survey, spotlighting the concerns of New Mexico parents… Read more: Breitbart Covers SPPI and IWF Survey Project
- Survey: Evaluating Parental Insights on Controversial CurriculumThe survey highlighted significant parental skepticism towards the inclusion of transgender topics in New Mexico’s public school curriculum.
- The Wells Fargo Flex Loan is Anything But FlexibleWells Fargo’s Flex Loan program is a labyrinth of unclear eligibility requirements and a baffling case of vanishing funds.